Friday 22nd May 2015

banner.png

news menu leftnews menu right

Economy
The global perspective of migration PDF Print E-mail
By Alazar Kebede   
Wednesday, 20 May 2015 05:46

Back in 1900, international migrants, people living in a country other than the one they were born in, accounted for approximately 3% of the world’s population.  According to recent OECD data, as of 2014, 13% of the total U.S. population was born outside the United States. Within the U.S. labor force itself, the share of immigration is slightly larger, reaching 16%. This includes both very high-skilled workers and lower-skilled labourers. In the UK, too, 13% of the population is foreign-born. In the United Arab Emirates and Qatar, foreign resident population is 84% and 74%,respectively. Add a comment

Read more...
 


POLL 1

1. Do you think the current power problem will persist in the coming year?

(143 votes)

49%   (70)
42%   (60)
9.1%   (13)
Loading...

POLL 2

2. Do you think the light rail train will fully start operation by the next budget year?

(43 votes)

58.1%   (25)
30.2%   (13)
11.6%   (5)
Loading...


Powered by Spearhead Softwares Joomla Facebook Like Button
Follow us on Twitter
feed-image Feed Entries

PANKHURST'S CORNER

The Dramatic History of Addis Ababa Part 13: The Beginnings of Cabinet Government

The object of the present series of articles is to consider how the founding and early growth of Addis Ababa witnessed Transformation in other fields of Ethiopian economic, social and political life. read more...

ENTREPRENEUR PROFILE

Name: Yordanos Abera
Education: Diploma in Fashion Design
Company name: Yordi Design
Studio title: Manager and owner
Founded in: 2010
What it does: Designing cultural clothes  read more...

DOING BUSINESS

“There is a meeting,” or “He is in a meeting, please come back in the afternoon,” or “I cannot attend to this issue now; I am going to a meeting.” Familiar? I guess so, as most of us spend many hours attending meetings, not all of them useful.

 

read more...

BUSINESS & ECONOMY

Back in 1900, international migrants, people living in a country other than the one they were born in, accounted for approximately 3% of the world’s population.  read more...