Transaction Advisory Services
RFP No: RFP-CATALAYZE-21772-MS4G-2022-0301
The CATALYZE Blended Finance Mechanism is a $250 Million, 8-year contract (5-year base period, with a single 3-year option period) which uses a facilitated partnership model to craft solutions to crowd in $2 Billion in blended finance (i.e. blended concessional and commercial finance) to USAID partner countries and initiatives. CATALYZE allows USAID Bureaus and Missions to efficiently deploy investment facilitation solutions that respond to the needs of specific sectors, issues, and geographies. Initial programs focus on education finance to implement sustainable education business models serving low-income communities, and achievement of the W-GDP objectives, but the mechanism can be applied to any development challenge or region.
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). MS4G invests in developing relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth. The project supports activities in Addis Ababa and the secondary cities of Ethiopia.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact —the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
The purpose of this RFP is to engage Transaction Advisory Service Providers (TASPs) under a Pay-for-Results (P4R) incentive program that encourages increased access to finance through investment facilitation and capital mobilization for enterprises in Ethiopia.
Transactional Advisory Service Providers (TASPs) provide private enterprises with investment facilitation support in order to unlock access to debt or equity financing. MS4G’s overall goal is to unlock the potential of private capital to strengthen enterprise resilience by mobilizing financing per year. MS4G will work directly with several TASPs whose responsibility will be to provide services to enterprises in Ethiopia to support the financing and investment approval and disbursement process within MS4Gs target sectors of WASH and Agriculture. The TASP will work with the enterprises throughout the entire transaction process.
- Shall develop and provide a framework for the approach to identify, facilitate, and close investment deals.
- Are expected to provide list of at least 5 pipeline companies that they will provide advisory services for.
- Will provide signed contracts relating to services to be provided to the client. Subsequent Agreements shall be submitted on monthly basis.
- Submit to MS4G executed term sheets (equity transactions) and loan approval letters (debt transactions) between a potential investor and the client highlighting the terms and conditions of the deal.
- Submit final signed term sheets and/or loan agreements for each deal they closed.
Submit reports, succuss stores and learnings on work completed, including deals sourced and supported, term sheets signed and closed investments, and copies of loan agreements
Important notes for interested bidders:
RFP released on June 10,2022 on CATALYZE website, interested bidders can access the RFP by clicking the link below: https://catalyze-procurement.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/RFP-CATALYZE-217772-Ethiopia-2022-0301-TASPs.pdf
- Questions Deadline: Bidders can submit their question/s electronically to: EthiopiaMS4G.firstname.lastname@example.org till June 16,2022 till 5:00 PM East Africa Time or Nairobi time (UTC +3). Late questions may not be acceptable.
- Virtual bidders conference: June 17,2022 at 2:00-3:00AM, Nairobi time (UTC +3)
- Submission: The technical proposal can be in one for the following ways
Electronically: Emailing through email@example.com, with the RFP number “RFP-CATALYZE-Ethiopia-2022-030” in the subject lines.
Hard Copy: Technical proposal must be in sealed envelope to our office located at Africa Avenue, Noah Plaza First Floor, Next to Boston Day Spa. Mark envelopes with the RFP number “RFP-CATALYZE-Ethiopia-2022-0301” and offeror’s name.
Closing Date and Time: June 24, 2022 at 5:00PM, East Africa Time Late bid submission will not be considered.
The company has the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
All interested bidders can access this solicitation at 2merkato.com business portal with the direct link to the RFP clicking link. https://tender.2merkato.com/tenders/62a434787d202e236ff4c2f0