United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Ethiopia would like to sale the following used vehicles on ‘As-is-where is’ bases through competitive bidding. Interested bidders are therefore invited to submit their bids as per the following instructions:
- Pre-Bid submission
- Bid Documents can be found on the following link:
- Prospective Bidders can inspect the vehicles from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. at UNECA compound only on, November 21, 23, 27 and 29, 2023.
- Prospective Bidders who want to inspect the vehicles should send their:
- Full name
- phone number
only by e mail sending to email@example.com two (2) days before the inspection date.
- Prospective bidders must come with valid ID/passport card to ECA compound on the inspection date and time.
- Bid Submission (Mandatory and reason for Disqualification)
- Bidders can submit their bid for more than one vehicle.
- Bidders should prepare their document using the bid form and bid price submission form that will be found on the official site indicated on the instruction Article-I – No 1
- Bids are not accepted that are handwritten (all documents must be in LaserJet printed)
- Bidders shall furnish bid security (CPO) from any bank ETB 50,000 (ETB Fifty thousand) for each vehicle they participated in. However, they must prepare separate CPOs for the individual vehicle (Example: if bidder participate for 2 vehicles the bidder shall furnish two separate CPOs for each vehicle)
- The name on the BID bond must be the same as the Name on the bid document.
- Bid Security (CPO) should be prepared in the name of: UNDP Representative – Account No. 1000003015959 Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
- The last day of submission of bids is 30th of November 2023 04:00 PM. (Late submission will be disqualified)
- Bid Documents must ONLY be submitted through UNDP Ethiopia secured email address:
- Bid documents shall include:
- Bid form duly signed (Name, Signature, telephone no)
- Bid price submission form duly signed (Name, Signature, telephone no)
- Scanned copy with CPO Bid bond.
- Original CPO shall be submitted to UNDP registry at CONGO bld. 6th floor requesting a gate pass via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior the deadline of submission and at working hours.
- Up on submission of original bid bond the bidder should bring the printed copy of the bid submission email along with the original CPO.
- Post bid submission
- BID OPENING
- UNDP shall perform the bid opening thorough an internal bid opening committee and There is NO public bid opening.
- UNDP shall inform the bid process through the email address that will be indicated on the bidder’s submission document. No telephone communication is allowed.
- AWARD AND WINNING
- The awarded Bidder shall be informed through e mail and an official call through the Tel no indicated on the bid document.
- Bid winners are required to deposit the full amount within 7 working days of the notification of the winning price to the following account.
UNDP Representative – Account No. 1000003015959
- If winners do not submit their payment within the indicated time interval, UNDP will pass the winning to the next higher winning bidder, and CPO of the first winner bidder will be forfeited by UNDP.
- Bidders that paid the winning bid amount must collect the vehicles from the compound within 5 working days after the payment. In case the winning bidder does collect the vehicles within the indicated time bidders will pay an ETB 2000 (ETB Two Thousand) per day as a holding cost of the vehicle for another 30 days.
- Unsuccessful bidders’ CPOs will be returned through the e-mail notification. However, CPOs of bidders that are 2nd and 3rd highest of any bid will be kept until the winning bidder finalizes the process.
- UNDP shall not be responsible for unsuccessful bidders that fail to collect their bid security within six-month time from the collection notification.
- Bid winners are responsible to settle any government duties/ taxes as may be applicable before receipt of the vehicles.
- UNDP reserves the right to call off the bid at any time of the bidding process or reject any or all bids.
- Please see below details of the vehicles.
|No||Type||Chassis Number||Engine Number||Year of Mfr./ importation to the Country||Plate No|
|01||Toyota Land Cruiser Prado||JTEBH9FJ-605038580||1KD-2180553||2012||UN-2029|
UNDP Ethiopia Country Office,
UNECA Congo Building 6th floor, Africa Hall
P.O. Box 5580, Tel: +251115444408, Fax +251115514599